~11 inches, Tiny Infant
~12.6 inches, Standard size
- This color appears to be BLACK, unless light is passing through the amber. Worn on the skin, it will appear black in color.
- See the 2nd picture, as the 11-inch (Tiny Infant) necklace appears to have a slight mat shine, although it is still RAW and not polished.
Color: Cherry (Black)
Length: ~32 cm (12.6 inches), ~28 cm (11 inches)
Weight: ~5 g (0.18 ounces) for 12.6 inches
Size of Amber Beads: ~4-6 mm (0.16-0.24 inches)
Shape of Amber Beads: Baroque
Clasp: Screw clasp
Baroque-style Baltic amber baby teething necklace. Each bead is individually knotted. Necklace has a twist closure. Natural pain relief and immune booster!
Please measure for size and observe the product image carefully. Because amber is a natural product produced by nature, no two pieces of amber are exactly alike. Thus, each product is unique in its own way.
- When your amber arrives, it is recommended to expose the amber to direct sunlight (whether on a towel or worn on the skin) for a few minutes to activate the succinic acid. This is not a crucial step, although it helps to get the immediate benefits of your amber. The sun will warm the amber right up, activating the succinic acid, which transfers it through the skin immediately. If this step is skipped, your amber will simply warm up to your body temperature and work at it's natural state as it is worn against the skin.
- Avoid attacks by chemicals. Strong solutions, soaps, detergents, chlorine, commercial jewelry cleaning solutions, perfumes, cologne, hairspray, gels, etc. will add a residue layer to the amber, which may create a whitish coating on the amber that could be permanent. Some of these can also eat away at the delicate amber and/or the string holding the amber.
- Remove your amber if you will be in water (i.e. swimming, shower, bath, etc.). If you forget, simply rinse the amber with plain, lukewarm (never hot!) water to remove any soap or chemical residue. Soap will not only eat away at the string, but will also add a build-up to the amber, preventing the succinic acid from effectively transfer into the skin, while lessening the durability of the amber. Chemicals, such as chlorine, will also soften the amber, causing it to be more vulnerable to breakage. Water, soap and chemicals may also weaken the quality and durability of the cotton string the amber is strung on, which makes the string more susceptible to breakage. Everyone will forget to remove his/her amber every once in a while--it's OKAY--just try not to make a daily habit out of it, rinse, and don't forget to put the amber back on.
- Always store amber in a soft cloth--never with other jewelry, where it can rub against metals. Your amber is strung on a cotton string, and each gem is individually knotted to prevent rubbing and chipping.
All Amber by Amanda products are genuine, authentic, and natural Baltic amber from Lithuania. We will never sell artificial, plastic or synthetic amber. I personally test all of my amber when I receive them to make sure they are, indeed, 100% natural.